Friday, November 04, 2005

Ozark Mountain Resort: Day One

Well... we're here.

The day was pleasant but long.

The turning leaves were just beautiful. I'm sorry that I couldn't really take it all in, but the roads (by this point in the journey) were trecherous for a driver who is only accustomed to the flatlands and traffic jams of Houston. I wish we could have taken photos... it WAS breath taking.

The cabin is great, but in the dark... I'm disappointed with the resort. First, the roads within the resort disappear below the hood of the car. They are also not well marked. Second, the slopes are so steep, that I can only envision my 71 year old aunt trapped within the confines of the cabin. It scared the wits out of me, watching her navigate her way in...

There are guardrails, but no handrail. There are steps, but they slope and are unevenly spaced. This is no place for an elder or anyone with who has any sort of mobility difficulty... or for that matter, anyone who is the least bit out of shape!

I called the resort office, though, and they are willing to move us tomorrow, if an accessible unit is available. My aunt and I have agreed to take a look at the situation in the morning's light.

For now... we will make it an early night. We are without supper (except for Miss C, of course!)... and tired!

No comments: