Sunday, April 02, 2006

Restaurant Review: Pizza Inn

I grew up in a moderately sized town in Texas, so I don't claim an early diverse cultural and varietal experience with pizza. Since leaving my hometown, however, I've had the pleasure of tasting pizzas in all of the major metropolitan and some rural areas, from D.C. to L.A.

And sometimes I just long for the pizza I first tasted. That's when I order delivery from Pizza Inn.

First, I can't say enough good things about the folks who answer the phone. I order from the restaurant on 18th Street. The phone staff is always friendly, efficient, thorough, and accurate. I can't emphasize that enough, because it's so rare these days!

Second, I like that they know what I ordered previously. They always ask, "would you like the usual or would you like to try something else tonight?". I'm mostly a creature of habit, but they always come back with my special requests regarding "the usual". I like that, because sometimes I forget!

The delivery staff, too, are equally as nice and efficient. My food is always delivered timely and is hot, done and packaged properly. And there are always sufficient condiments enclosed.

"The Usual":

Double pepperoni & onion on thin crust, light on the cheese. Double pepperoni means that the pepperoni slices touch each other across the pizza. Onion is adequate and cheese is light. If I laid out the ingredients myself, the pizza wouldn't be any better!

Other good things:

Canadian bacon, pepperoni & onion pizza. As with every pizza I've ever ordered, the pie is loaded.


10 hot wings with blue cheese. The wings are always done and mildly crispy on the outside. I prefer them a shade more done, but as pizza places go, these are the MOST done! Also, they're not very "hot". I would pefer them to be more so, but I often overlook their spicy heat, for their crispiness.

No comments: