Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Home Sick: Misery and Musings

DAY ONE: MONDAY

  1. God, it was good to get home and take my clothes off.
  2. Ahhhh... clean sheats and a heating pad.
  3. Feeling achy and cold, on not a cold day, I took my temperature. It was 101.2, leaving me with some concern... as (really bad) colon problems run in my family.
  4. Miss C drove me crazy.
  5. Cooking macaroni and cheese for a late lunch was an ordeal.
  6. Dozed most of the afternoon, but noted that judge shows are still good tv.
  7. Dozed and missed most of Dr Phil. The part I saw was sick fun.
  8. Caught Oprah: Mark Jacobs. He was cool, but I don't get the hubbub. And I don't get the handbag fetish thing... made me wonder if it's a gene.
  9. Caught Oprah: The Jimmy Choo shoes were cool, but I'm just SO not a shoe addict... made me wonder if it's a gene. MORE ON THIS STORY LATER.
  10. Caught Oprah: Wow. I think at one time I had the original Barbie (worth $25,000 today). I didn't see a use for it then. Sadly, I DO NOW!!!!
  11. Caught Oprah: Elmo is a tall black man with a deep voice!!!! Who knew!!! Sadly, it was the shortest part of her program, and frankly, why I tuned in!
  12. Cratered to Miss C and let her run around in the yard.
  13. Discovered that she DID see a meter man (when she barked). He left the gate unlocked!Fortunately, I checked it before it blew open.
  14. Fed Miss C and ate some pizza crust for dinner. Fed the grilled chicken to the baby!
  15. Took my temperature again during Raymond re-runs... 100.4.
  16. Settled in for the night and watched Wife Swap. Can you believe that woman had a frosty bear head in her freezer???
  17. Flipped between 2 1/2 Men and The Bachelor (am I actually admitting this???).
  18. Made a mental note to stay up to catch the local ABC affiliate's update on Matt Hickl (the ultimate bachelor)... but fell asleep, instead.

DAY TWO: TUESDAY

  1. Slept pretty well, but was upset to wake up in pain... again.
  2. Feeling a lot less achy, took my temperature. 98.2.
  3. Belly still too tender for clothing, but was happy that I could sit up with little pain. Decided that sweat pants would have to do for the medical center!
  4. Did a little work from home. Let Miss C do her deal.
  5. Did all the stuff you have to do before a Well Woman Exam. You girls know what I'm talking about.
  6. Promised the folks in the office that I would be there tomorrow. There's no way I would have been productive the last two days, it's good to know that I'm needed.
  7. Said a prayer and headed off for the poking and prodding.
  8. Made it home after a long wait at the doctor's office. Look for a post later on this ordeal.
  9. Miss C was exhuberant.
  10. Ate pizza crust for dinner.
  11. And now I'm headed for bed, so exhausted that I don't even care what's on television.

No comments: