Friday, March 07, 2008

American Idol: My Top 12

I'm mostly ok with the top 12, but last night was a teensy bit sad for me.

First, I hated to see Asia'h go home because I just feel so much for what she's been through these last few months. She lost her father just days before her audition... and I liken that to own experience of getting licensed shortly after my Dad passed away. Song selection or performance aside, I was staunchly in her corner. She's got terrific talent.

And second, I hated to see Danny (Danjaya) Noriega cut. I agree, his performances paled in comparison to the others... but I will miss the head roll and learning new lingo. I will forever remember him for his spirit, and for teaching me the terms... "TMTH" and my personal favorite... "ISH". I'll miss him.

So... here's my personal ranking of the top 12. Play along and let's see if I have my finger on the pulse of America. (That would be a first!).

  1. David Archuleta (Imagine... the kid is only 17!)
  2. David Cook (he's really tied for first place with me, dawg... this guy is awesome).
  3. Jason Castro (rockin' Rockwall, Texas!)
  4. David Hernandez (ffn images aside, this guy is a performer!)
  5. Syesha Mercado (love the spirit, the personality and how she rolled with the punches)
  6. Brooke White (reminds me of someone I know, genuine and true)
  7. Michael Johns (great performer, but I think... too much like he's imitating someone else)
  8. Amanda Overmyer (I think she's sincere and would make a great friend, but is maybe too stylized)
  9. Ramiele Mulabay (She's got a voice bigger than her body, but I'm not crazy about her performance)
  10. Chikezie Ezy (I really, really like him. And I like the way he supported Danny last night. I just think his soul is too old for this particular competition. He's got great pipes though... Dawg)
  11. Kristy Lee Cook (She should never have sold the horse. One, I'm traumatized by that story, and two... Simon is right. Her performances are forgettable.)
  12. Carly Smithson (I'll admit it. I'm shallow. If I was blind and/or blind folded, she might rank higher, but I can't get past the tats and greasy hair. HDTV sucks sometimes).

I had some difficulty with placement in the lower eight. I'm still not sure if I got that right.

No comments: