Sunday, September 16, 2007

48 Great Things About My Special Weekend

  1. Pumpkin Peeps from my pal!
  2. As well as two fabulous bottles of my favorite wine in two fabulous wine bags, decorated with my favorite... stars!
  3. A sweet and thoughtful card (and check) from my Aunt N!
  4. A thoughtful email from Aunt P!
  5. Pushing a huge project out the door on Friday!
  6. Having the weekend off from work (for the first time in almost six months)!
  7. A good cry, remembering the people who meant the most in your life. It's overwhelmingly sad that they're gone, but I'm so truly blessed to have had them in the first place!
  8. The first cool front that you can actually feel... the weather is wonderful!
  9. Spending time with my oldest (by that, I mean longest!) and bestest friend!
  10. A custom made photo book, celebrating our friendship! It's so awesome! I love it and cry every time I look at it!
  11. My coveted, much anticipated and awesome howling dog sculpture!
  12. An excellent and oversized fried chicken lunch at Grand Luxe!
  13. Creme brulee to top off an already stuffed tummy!
  14. Fun adventures at Cost Plus World Market!
  15. Perfect new front door mat, matching both the exterior and interior of my house!
  16. Four perfect hammered iron dogs!
  17. An awesome wood cross!
  18. Three new Halloween rubber ducks!
  19. A handful of other clever rubber ducks!
  20. A new basket with wooden handles, just like I've been looking for!
  21. A surprise email from someone who validated my weekend off!
  22. An quiet evening of house flipping entertainment on Bravo!
  23. Re-run fried chicken for dinner!
  24. The most wonderful night's sleep... in almost forever!
  25. Sleeping in!
  26. Shmuggling with Miss C, as if she knew it was my special day!
  27. Breakfast in bed! (Ok, I had to get up, get dressed and go get it, before I enjoyed it in bed, but still...)!
  28. Leisurely chores! Finally time to clean the iron! (You know, soak the filter in vinegar and steam the tank to you heart's content)! And... Socks in (the wash) = Socks out (of the dryer)! That has to be some sort of record!
  29. A sweet card and Starbucks gift card (making the gift way over done) from my (peeps and wine) pal!
  30. Baking home made peanut butter cookies!
  31. Eating home made peanur butter cookies!
  32. Lazily watching mindless television!
  33. A phone call from my bestest friend!
  34. A phone call from Aunt N!
  35. Hummingbirds and butterflies!
  36. A phone call with melodic salutations from my (peeps and wine and bucks) pal and Shiner Hoo Hoo!
  37. In honor of my special day, non-partisan politics, courtesy of 740 KTRH.
  38. And a carefully worded message from the 9-5-0, Radio Mojo!
  39. A hilarious card from 'Sammy the Psychic Dog'!
  40. An equally hilarious card from M&S, who I want to mention... are well within my top 5 favorite people!
  41. A true surprise (thank goodness it didn't need air holes!) and thoughtful gift from M&S (top 5, for sure!)... and something I've always wanted... a rock salt crystal lamp! It's beautiful!
  42. Margarita Sunday with my favorite people!
  43. Fried avocado! Need I say more?!
  44. Nothing says your special day like wearing a sombrero and having your (big ole fat) picture taken!
  45. Phone call from my brother! I love him so much!
  46. Singing phone call from MMSP&J!
  47. Phone call from pals, L&S! I already miss them!
  48. Peaceful moments to reflect on the day, the weekend. I'm blessed. I am!

No comments: