Saturday, June 30, 2007

Random Evening Memo: 063007

  1. I left for the Comets game under threatening skies but made it there without incident.
  2. Like a total putz, I left my (almost brand new 'Blackjack') cell phone on the passenger seat, and once I realized it, worried about (a) the car getting broken into, (b) the phone being stolen, and more than anything (c) Brinks calling because someone broke into my house and I don't know it. (Fortunately, none of these things occurred... whshhhhhew).
  3. I enjoyed the company of my friends, as well as a beautiful 5 year old guest, but one of my friends wasn't well, and didn't make it to the game. And I missed her.
  4. A race was held, and the color of the card that I received at the door matched the winner, meaning that I won a lottery scratch-off ticket. That ticket, however much promise it offered, yielded NADA.
  5. The game was so bad that I went to the box office and picked up my American Idol tickets for the July 15th show (that I purchased for a bunch of my friends, more than a month ago)... and had to engage in 'Sanjaya' talk with others in line. Sigh.
  6. The actual game was less than enjoyable, as the Comets were skunked by the Mercury.
  7. The trip home was also freakishly eventful, as I found myself driving by the home of an ex. I experienced little emotion, though the few good memories that flooded back were quickly squelched by the ones that caused me to end that relationship.
  8. Sometimes self esteem feels like a bitch that denies you of pleasure... but for your own good!

No comments: