Friday, July 06, 2007

My Daddy's 78th Birthday

That's what today is.

I miss him more than I could possibly express, but he knows.

Time dulls the sadness, and these days, I make a conscious effort to celebrate, rather than mourn so much.

If Daddy were alive today, he would be indulging in his passions: humor, writing, cooking, golf and the occasional hunting trip.

He may be gone from my physical world. But he continues to be my rock, my barometer, my mentor and my precious Daddy.

A friend asked me how I intended to honor him today. And this will sound funny to everyone except the friend who asked, and Daddy... but I planned to go to Aquarium World and buy some new fish.

Unfortunately, it flooded severely here with over 6" of rain in about 2 hours, and then it still kept raining... upon saturated soil and already near full bayous. My friend pointed out that I might have lost the fish on the swim home!

Tomorrow, though... I'll select the perfect fish, and bring them home to live.

Photo of Daddy and me, circa... ain't sayin'.

No comments: