Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Finca El Portillo Sauvignon Blanc 2005

Another fine Sauvignon Blanc, El Portillo is a product of Argentina.

I found it to be crisp, clean and dry, but less robust (tartness, acidity) than Dashwood (or Pepi). It has the hint and aroma of grapefruit that I like so much. It has a rubberized cork and I didn't detect any woodsy sort of flavors or aromas.

Spec's price: $7.99.

My summation: I will definitely drink El Portillo again. I probably wouldn't drive to the store seeking it out, but it had a really nice, clean taste that I enjoyed. And you can't beat the price for a wine with such good flavor!

I also dig the quote on the bottle:

"Finca El Portillo Sauvignon Blanc is inspired by the color of chanar. A spicy tree that loses its bark over time, chanar is known for its lustrous green trunk. This color of the Andes symbolizes our belief in winemaking with respect for nature."

No comments: