Monday, June 25, 2007

Service Interruption

Imagine if you will.. many interesting and humor laden posts... right here.

It's left to your imagination due to an all weekend internet service interruption, thanks to the Time Warner switch to Comcast.

This blog is posted from my office, where I am fortunate to have reliable DSL service. I'm posting quickly, because I will be taking time off this afternoon to meet the Comcast field technician at my house.

Thanks, Comcast. So far, you suck.

And you'd better hope that AT&T doesn't call me this afternoon while I'm waiting!

***UPDATE*** The Comcast man showed up promptly at 2:20, impressing me immensely.

He tested the signal before he got out of his truck and said it was fine. So, he replaced the four year old modem... and oila! I'm back in business. Incidentally, he said that the old modem might have some sort of problem with the transfer, but in general, a modem is only good for a couple of years. He said they run hot, and the chips get burned, causing the internet to slow to an eventual halt. I had NO idea!

No comments: