Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Hard Day's Night

I'm procrastinating.

I have work to do but don't feel like doing it. I didn't work last night. I reasoned that it was Valentine's Day. And if I don't work tonight, then I'll be backed into a really tight corner tomorrow night.

It's not like there isn't money involved... there is! And a nice sum, at that! So why can't I manage to apply myself??? It's like my brain is bucking the additional pressure!

It's because today, at work, was just one of those days... I was stretched and pulled in every direction possible, and then a few more besides. It was a hard, hard day.

I had two scheduled meetings. The first one was out of the office and with a client who was an hour and forty-five minutes late. A client called to schedule a third afternoon meeting, while I was at the first meeting. I called when I got back into the office, to indicate that I could make the meeting... but the client never called me back.

I pushed work out the door on three projects, and I answered to three bosses and five clients.

The drive to and from work was rife with the usual accidents, stalls, debris and impolite(!) drivers.

A mass marketing firm (who has somehow gotten my cell phone number) called my cell phone 4 times today.

And I woofed down a 10 minute junk food lunch.

I love my job, and I wouldn't be happy without the responsibility... but a hard day's night is sometimes not productive (or profitable!). Oh, well... there's always the hope that tomorrow will be different!

No comments: