Friday, September 02, 2005

MMSP's Rado

The first news I received this morning... was that MMSP had to put his most trusted and loyal and beloved Rado... to sleep last night.

MMSP loved Rado, so much. He loved him more than he would ever admit (he's a guy after all). I know their history. I know how much life, ups and downs, happiness and sadness they shared.

One of the best things about visiting MMSP, was having the opportunity to snuggle with, love and pet Rado. I have been known to disappear at dinner parties, found on the floor curled up with Mr. R. To know him is to adore him. He is such a Sweetheart!

Miss C and I had the
absolute pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with Rado last year. I think she had a hefty crush on him, and I enjoyed seeing them together. There was no competition between them. They genuinely shared toys, chewys, food and attention. He became her shadow and she loved it.

I last saw him a few months ago. I went over to accompany him outside. I took him two bites of a hamburger, and maybe it was just the burger... but he was so happy to see me. We went outside, and he stayed right by my side. I sat in a lawn chair, and petted him as he leaned on my leg. He, eventually, trotted off to do his business, but he came running back for more love and attention.

I hated leaving him that day. And I miss him now.

I know how much MMSP misses him, too. MMSP is a very special friend. When his heart breaks, mine does too.

No comments: